He has also made progress in that his drain in his head (EVD tube) has been clamped to see if his body will be able to process his cerebralspinal fluid on its own. He will get a CT scan tomorrow to see if there is too much liquid in his head. If so, they will either open the tube again, or talk about putting in a permanent shunt. If things look fine then he will get his tube out.
Little Buddy also got to go into the therapy gym for the first time this morning, and he did great! He is working so hard to get his body to start responding to him. Of course, he smiled and laughed through the whole therpay session. :)
Our Little Buddy continues to win hearts. One of the residents that has been working with him has been rotated to a new area. She isn't in charge of our little guy anymore, but she still came by today to see how he is doing. She said that she left a note asking the next resident to take good care of her patients, and she put on the note, "Especially 'Little Buddy'" but then she didn't want any of the other parents to get offended in case they saw it, so she erased it. But she said, "I still feel that way, though!"
Yay!!! This is all excellent news! I have a big, huge smile on my face reading it.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing testimony of the power of the Priesthood. :)
Marianne
Janna, We love you guys. We are praying for your family everyday! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to be able to see these updates. We watch for them daily, and pray constantly for you all. We love to see Little Buddy's progress and read your consistent testimony. The power of heaven is so real--and especially appreciated at times like this!
ReplyDeleteJana, I just wanted to hug you so badly in Church. I did get to talk to Jerry, but I just didn't want to intrude so much because everyone wanted to talk to you. I was so glad to see your family. I think we all needed to see you physically to know you were ok. I loved what Sister Craft said in R.S. that you were spiritually prepared. I also know that is true. Your testimonies are immovable. I could see how proud Jerry was of your daughter when she stood and bore her testimony. How amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the pictures of Little Buddy. He looks awesome in his new Elmo pj's. Oh, so glad that he is such a miracle. This really has been such a blessing not only to your family, but to the whole ward. We all just love you! Marsha H.
That was so fun to come and see you and Little Buddy today. He looked so good. I loved his smiles and laughs. It made my day. Thanks for letting me come.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates and pictures. His little smile just melts my heart. Our girls are constantly asking for updates, this blog helps. You are all in our thoughts and continued prayers. Candi
ReplyDeleteHi Jana and Jerry, How we love this blog and keeping up with you. Great to see you yesterday! Hugs and kisses to all. Nancy
ReplyDeleteJerry, thanks for sharing the link. Great smiles! We at work are all pulling for you guys! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do, beyond fasting, prayers, and temple.
ReplyDeleteTed