Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

Little buddy got a visit from his great aunts today (Grandma's sisters).  They were excited to see that he is doing such a good job moving his head from side to side, as well as moving his arms and legs around.  He can't yet control his movements very well, but he is getting more and more active all the time.  Phyiscal and Occupational therapy are working hard with him to help his brain remember how to control his movements and get is body to do what he wants it to do.

Even though Little Buddy's body isn't doing what he wants it to, his mind is still as sharp as anything.  He laughs at jokes and the look in his eyes let us know that his mind is still working well. We were very excited when we opened a surprise package from Two Little Hands Productions yesterday.  Somehow they found out about our little boy, and they sent us a wonderful collection of "Signing Time!" DVDs and CDs as a gift to teach Little Buddy (and his mom and dad) American Sign Language, so he can get the words stuck in his head out and communicate with us again.  We can't wait!

I know I say this almost every day, but thank you so much, Everyone, for all you are doing to support and help our family.  Your love, service, gifts, and especially faith and prayers are helping us all in so many ways.  We don't know how we would get through all of this without you!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us posted! Little Buddy and all of you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We're so grateful for every little success that Little Buddy has and pray that they'll keep coming until he is able to do all that he wants to do with his life.
    Love,
    The Ricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, Thanks for all the updates. I just learned of your situation and I wanted you to know that your family and especially little buddy are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy to read of all the improvements he is making. Keep smiling!

    Love,
    Angie Hoggard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana,

    I love this blog! Thank you for taking the time each day to give all of us updates. I wish that I were closer and could help more. I love all of the little details that you give each day. Hopefully, there is a way to keep all of this for his journal.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you like the DVDs. A little birdie named Danna told us about your "Little Buddy." Best Wishes and God bless your family.
    Emilie B.

    ReplyDelete