Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tuesday

This was a bit of a hard day.  Little Buddy did well with his therapies, but then he got moved upstairs to the ICS unit (Immunocompromised Services Unit) where all of the kids with cancer and organ transplants are.  It is much better for him to be up here, because he will much better shielded from possible sickness that could really do him damage (especially since it is RSV season here in the hospital), but it was a hard move from both him and Mom.  It was a hard move for him because his room in NTU had become "home" for him.  He was familiar with the room, the nurses, etc.  When he came up here yesterday I could tell that he felt very nervous about the whole thing.  I took him to see the "big fish" and other things in the hospital he likes to see to try to help him feel more settled, but it only helped marginally.  I'm sure he'll be fine with things soon, however.

It was a hard day for Mom because going onto the ICS/cancer floor brought it home even more that we aren't here in the hospital just for Little Buddy to be getting therapy.  We are here for a much more serious reason.  As I saw the children here with cancer and the characteristic bald heads, I got tears in my eyes realizing that my little guy is that sick, too.

So, there are good days, and there are days that are a little bit harder, but that is just how it is when you or your child is very sick.  This was one of the harder days.

5 comments:

  1. Poor little guy, and poor little mom! I'm following your progress and thinking of you often. Thanks for keeping us updated, you have three people in Colorado pulling for you.

    Love, Chris (Lovell)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could share in some of your pain. There isn't a day go by that we don't think of you and Little Buddy. During those difficult times, remember that many thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you! Aunt Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jana. My heart also aches for you. We are all here to feel for you and listen. We all love you and Little Buddy so much. Thank you for keeping the blog up. You are doing such an amazing job in all you do! I love you so much.

    Marsha H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry...your strength is amazing, your tender heart is felt and most of all your son will feel both and be comforted by it.
    Candi C. Child

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying for Ben. Remember That Him above love him so much, He is having His arms surround Ben all the time!!

    ReplyDelete