Our little friend started his radiation therapy on Thursday. It is making him tired, and he has been feeling a little sick, but he still has his positive attitude.
The most positive thing is that we have been feeling that it is time to take our little buddy home. It has taken a lot of work and planning, but we hope to take him home this afternoon. He is still on his feeding tube and needs therapy, but that will all be done from home now. Between home health, Aunt LeAnn (an RN), and a mom and dad who have a huge learning curve ahead of him, he'll still be well taken care of. We'll also still be coming up for radiation therapy every day, but that's not anything we haven't been doing anyway, and we'll all have more time together as a family. That will make all the difference for the whole family!
We'll still be updating the blog on Little Buddy's progress, but probably not everyday, as there won't be as much to tell.
A funny thing that just happened: Little Buddy was laying in his bed here at the hospital, and he let out a huge sneeze. He had a pool of saliva in his mouth that flew three or four inches in the air, and then succomed to gravity and hit him right in the face. He started laughing so hard that his whole face turned red. It was very funny and very cute.
So, hopefully, my next post will be from my computer at home. Wish us luck! :)
I am so happy for you! I can't imagine what it has been like for you and your family to not have Little Buddy home. I talked to Little Buddy's big Sis in Primary and she said she missed having him at home to, your family will be complete again :)There is nothing like the comfort of home. Hey...he'll be home for his Birthday!! How great is that?
ReplyDeleteHolly Ivie
Oh YAY Little Buddy! Yay Blanco Family. Wow, great strides have really been made. I just marvel at your family; the great faith, the positive attitudes, etc., etc., etc. Your family has been such a great example of what it is to be true disciples of Jesus Christ. I know my faith has been strengthened and I know that I will have your examples to follow when I will need it. Love to all of you! Marsha H.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news! We're so glad to hear that Little Buddy is going to be able to go home and be with the rest of the family. :) Our prayers will continue for his radiation treatments and for your safety in traveling back and forth. We'll be anxious to hear more exciting news as Little Buddy adjusts to being at home and completing his treatments.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all!
Marianne and all the Pauls
I leave for 11 days and come home to find that he is home. When your husband told us in Sunday school class I didn't think I was hearing him right. Last week you thought he would be there for a couple of months. That is so exciting. I know that it is still a long road ahead with treatments & therapy. Let us know what we can do to help. Joshua has a valentine that he has saved for you.
ReplyDeleteSO PRECIOUS!!! He sneezed and giggled once when we were there two weeks ago, but not uncontrollably until his face turned red. What a little doll!!! Love you all, Aunt Kathleen
ReplyDelete