Friday, March 5, 2010

Ben's Last Chemo Treatment

Well, Ben is home after having received his last chemo treatment. I have very mixed feelings going on inside of me right now. On the one hand, I am so incredibly happy that he is DONE. No more chemotherapy! We really felt like this day would never come, yet here it is.

On the other hand, I feel emotionally battered. As you can see in the picture, Ben had a very hard time with this treatment. I took this picture as we were getting ready to go home to show how he looked at the end of his last chemo treatment. Ben really had a rough few days, he wasn't even close to the happy smiling boy he usually is, and he will continue to feel awful for a few weeks. No one should ever have cancer, especially not an innocent four/five year old boy. My mommy heart just feels very sad for my sweet boy right now.

We still have a lot of work ahead of us, and Ben truly works hard, but the worst of it is over. Now our little guy can concentrate on feeling better and rehabilitating his body and brain. We'll continue to keep you posted from time to time as there is news to share.

Again, thank you for your love, support, and prayers. We are forever grateful to you all.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Ben's picture says it all. I'm sure it's hard to let the joy of being through with chemo sink in, since as you say, you feel so battered. You've been through so much, but the sun will shine again. We love you and continue including Ben and your family in our prayers. It's almost spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These updates are truly appreciated. We are really pulling for your family--and especially Ben! I agree, no one should have to go through cancer. I hope we can cure this evil disease soon!

    NiCole Hale

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave! Little Ben can rest easy now -- I do hope it is not really true that he will have a bad couple of weeks, but I know different chemos can do that. Hopefully you can rest a little now. Take care of yourself!

    Colette Baird

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey this has been for your family this past year. I hope and pray now that little Ben is able to progress dramatically as he gains his strength again. The look on his face says it all. He sure has gone through a lot. He has been quite a trooper. Please keep in touch, we will miss you guys. You are truly an inspiration to us all. Our prayers will continue for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad that he is done with the chemo!! We hope and pray that the work ahead for him and you will be very rewarding. I know there are tough challenges ahead, but little Ben has proved that he is a fighter! Please let us know how he continues to progress from here! You are always in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for updating us on Ben's condition. He looks so exhausted, and I'll bet you are exhausted also. Ben and your family remain in my daily prayers. We pray that now the chemo is over he will be the the upward path to improved health.
    Love, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little sweetheart and valiant spirit!

    Amy Knight

    ReplyDelete