Ben is doing better, but his counts are still quite low (0.4 white cell count, 37 platelet count, .2 ANC - all of those are extremely low), and he continues to have very little energy (and his mom is pretty darn exhausted herself). He looks pale, partly because of feeling so sick, but also because he's once again lost his hair and most of his eye brows and eye lashes.
On a positive note, the nausea is a lot better. We still have Ben's food running lower than usual, but he is only throwing up once a day, which a big improvement.
So, this last chemo treatment is making it's influence felt. We are so grateful that we don't have to go through another one. I'm not sure that any of us could have made it!
Thank you all so very much for your supportive and loving comments, your help, and as always, your prayers. I truly don't believe we could have made it this far without all of you!
Oh, Jana! We're so sorry - it seems like this has just been going on for forever. Poor Ben! We'll keep him and your family in our prayers. Tell Jerry hi for me--I miss all our Software Developer guys at the office.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Jasmyn
Wow, the chemo is sure going out with a big bang! We are hoping and praying that Ben will get his health and energy back soon, and that his family, especially his Mom, can all survive this major ordeal as well. What a long road this has been and what troopers you have all been!
ReplyDeleteI hope your long hike up Mt. Everest is over. I'm sure exhausted is a bit of an understatement. I'm sure you wish you could sleep straight for a whole week. I hope life gets back to normal soon. If there is a normal. We love you and continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete