Ben also still has his cute sense of humor. He loves to tease us. There is a story that I read him when he was younger where a girl got dressed putting her socks on her hands. His latest thing is that he likes to take his socks off and put them on his hands pretending like that's where they go. He gets a cute smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. He's still our sweet little Ben.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Show Me a Sign
Ben has been learning American Sign Language (ASL) by watching Signing Time DVDs, and he is starting to be able to initiate communication with us. He is a smart little guy, and is catching on quickly. He likes to show us what he has learned. It is wonderful to see! Daddy and I are going to take an internet ASL course so we can become fluent in ASL. That way we can "talk" to Ben in sign language and help him to learn it even faster. We are excited about it, and can't wait to really start communicating with him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's a great way to communicate! my sister in law, becca, who just moved into your ward knows ASL. she could also teach you, i'm sure.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! I am so glad you are getting small glimpses of him.
ReplyDeleteI think that sounds so exciting! I took ASL at BYU and someday would like to be an interpreter. I have a bunch of church stuff in ASL if you want to borrow it.
ReplyDeleteThis is excellent! How fun for all of you to learn ASL together and to be able to communicate with Ben!
ReplyDeleteLove, Marianne & Kevin