So, the other morning I'm lying in bed when I hear a little voice calling "Mah-om" through the monitor. At first I think it's Jared, still feeling very groggy, calling me. Then I realize the sound came from Ben's monitor, not Jared's! Well, of course I jumped right out of bed and ran in there to find a very happy, smiling Ben. I was so excited!!! Apparently, Ben and daddy had been practicing saying "mom," and for some reason it just all clicked that morning. He still does best saying it first thing in the morning before he has a chance to over-analyze it, but I'll take it any what I can get!!!
Another happy bit of news, Ben isn't throwing up as much! He went three whole days in a row last week without throwing up! Then he got worn out from going to the zoo (very fun!), and it took him a few days to recover. He is only throwing up once a day right now, first thing in the morning. A big improvement to be sure. It looks like his new medicine for the rumination syndrome is finally kicking in.
So, in all, we've had a couple of good weeks, and some things to be very grateful for!
Such happy news Jana. That little guy is such a fighter. I can't imagine how thrilling that must have been for your family.
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDeleteThat brings such happiness to my heart. Your family is amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO wonderful!!!! What an exciting note of progress for Ben! We are celebrating from (too) far away.
ReplyDeleteLove, Marianne & Kevin