LB is doing okay. He has been nauseated again quite a bit, but that is a problem we will be dealing with for a long time, I think. He has a very strong desire to start eating, and can get down a few spoonsful at a time, but the mental effort it takes to eat wares him out quickly.
I used to think that all we had to do was make it through chemo, and then he would be better, but I've come to the realization that even after that we have a long way to go to get our little guy walking, talking, and eating again. I had a dream the other day that he was back to full health, talking and walking around. It was wonderful! I wish that dream were a reality right now, but I'm afraid it will be a few years before it is. But as hard as it is for me, it has to be even more frustrating for him to not be able to communicate the way he wants to. We have been working on ASL, and that helps some, but I know that there is so much more he would like to be able to do and say, and just can't. Someday.
I'm glad your family is feeling better. What an awful thing to be hit with when you already have a plate full. I can't wait for that day too when LB can walk, talk & eat. Has he had a blessing lately?
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to have that vision of what you're working toward. LB is so blessed to have you for his Mom!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that the swine flu has made its way out the door! Our thoughts are prayers are always with you. We'll be praying that your dream will come true as quickly as possible...so that LB can be free to do all that he wants to do.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs,
MP & KJ