Ben is also "talking" more. Not actual words, but he is making more and more noises all the time. His speech therapist has a goal for him to be saying one syllable words by the end of the school year. I would like him to be completely talking by the end of the school year, but I realize that I have to be patient (something I'm getting a master's degree in right now!), and let things take their normal course. But the fact that he is vocalizing so much more is very, very encouraging - for us and for him!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
This has been a much better week for Little Ben! He is only throwing up once, maybe twice a day, and we almost have his food up to a normal level. Since his blood transfusion last Wednesday he's had more energy. Thank you for all of your extra prayers for Ben. I have no doubt that they have been helping him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is excellent news! I was able to share this update with my mom and dad this evening. They are very happy to hear the encouraging news about Ben! Love and hugs to all of you!
ReplyDeleteMarianne
Yay for even the small steps in the right direction!
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I found your blog through Hope Kids. My son was also diagnosed with Medulloblastoma 3 years ago. He was treated at PCMC as well (we live in Sandy) and followed the same course of treatment as your sweet little boy. I cried as I read your posts. My heart goes to you as I can relate to your struggles. My son also lost his speech and motor skills - but they did come back through hard work, therapy and divine intervention. Miracles happen and your family and son will be in our prayers.
ReplyDelete