Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good week!

Hi everyone!

LB is doing great, after some minor problems.

On Monday, his feeding tube got yanked out accidentally, so on Tuesday morning he had to have that thing stuck through his nose down to his Jejunum again. He cried a lot because that's a painful thing, but his tube now goes down his other nostril, so he can go back to sleeping on his right side, as he always did.

On other news, he's done with the radiation down his spine, so they're restricting the radiation on the area where the tumor used to be. That should help with his nausea because they will not radiate his guts anymore.

LB is getting stronger by the day. He's now able to almost sit up by himself if we hold down his legs, and he's not wobbling his head so much anymore. In fact, he holds it very well, keeping it under control for several minutes before getting tired.

Most important, he is still not able to swallow, but he's starting to remember how. That is very good because in our doctor's visit yesterday we learned he lost 2.2 kg. That's because he's not getting enough calories through the tube. We're increasing his food dose but the best solution would be for him to have a stake with mashed potatoes... :)

He is in good spirits, and playing with Sis & Bro definitely helps. The three of them have the best time rolling on the floor and climbing Mount Daddy. ;)

Again, thanks for all your help, food, time, house cleaning, and random acts of support. We couldn't do it without all of you!

3 comments:

  1. This is VERY good news! And I LOVE all the pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them. Love and hugs to LB and all of you!

    Marianne and the Pauls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog. It made me laugh! What great news, and I am sure that LB will get that steak and potatoes in due time. Love to the Blanco family!!!
    Marsha H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got the right blogspot address and was able to be updated myself instead of asking around. Jana you have to be so strong in order to trust that your Heavenly Father knows that this special guy needed you for his Mother.
    I think of you daily and our prayers as a family are continually with you. We love you. Anything we can do please let me know. I had to children with G-tubes. Nj tubes and the whole nine yards. I wouldn't for a minute hesitate to help out in any emergency. I have never delt with the scope of pain you have had to bare, so I hope you know Iam not trying to compare. I would just be a helping hand in the neighborhood that could help in a pinch. I love you dearly Jana. Xarissa J.

    ReplyDelete