Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Morning/Afternoon

Things with Little Buddy have been very encouraging this morning. We brought his bear from home, and I came in and told him that Bear was here to be with him. His eyes got very bright and happy, and he turned his head and "hugged" Bear with his head. Few things can make Little Buddy happy like Bear.

He also has been moving his right arm quite a bit. He has been checking out his PICC (IV) line by bringing his arm up to his eyes (at least 10 times), and he kept trying to rub his eyes and his forehead. He wasn't really able to do it very well, but I could tell that he was trying. We think he has a very painful headache today, as I'm sure you can imagine, so we are trying to keep his pain medications up.

The doctor came in and did some pain response tests on him to see how he responds to painful stimuli. He still doesn't pull his hands away, but he tenses his legs now and you can tell he feels uncomfortable, which is progress because before you couldn't even tell he felt anything at all.

So, in all, it has been an encouraging day, and we are happy with how things are progressing and the many, many ways that the Lord is blessing us! We know none of this would be possible without Him. We are grateful for your continued prayers, and His constant awareness of our little buddy and how much we have been blessed this last week!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear, so glad! Love, Marsha H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. We let the ward members know about your blog for the most accurate updates. I can't believe how far he has come in just 1 week. We are truly witnessing a modern day miracle. We continue to pray and think of you daily. The sign up we sent around in Relief Society was totally filled. You are loved tremendously. The sunbeams I know missed Little Buddy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your Aunt Christine (my sister-in-law) told us about Little Buddy and this blog. Friday I added Little Buddy & his parents (by name) to the Mesa temple prayer roll, yesterday my dear friend in Oregon added y'all (she's originally from Alabama) to the Oregon and Portland temple rolls. My special fast today was for you and yours. I know there is strength in every prayer and know that there are many, many being sent each day for you and your Little Buddy. Thank you for sharing and helping to strengthen each of us. Te quiero, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard about this whole situation. I'm so sorry for all the pain you've been through! I wish I'd known earlier so I could pray for you and your Little Buddy, but I am definitely praying now. I'm so glad to see that he is defying the odds and doing better than expected. I hope you can feel all of the prayers sustaining you through this time. Thanks to your family for doing this blog to keep us updated. I'll keep checking it regularly.

    Best wishes and much love,

    Jenn Southern

    ReplyDelete