Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friday Night

We got the final report from the Oncologist. Little Buddies tumor is a grade 4 medullablastoma, it is a very fast growing and highly aggressive cancer. We will need to repeat the MRI to ensure that indeed all the tumor was taken out in surgery and that the surrounding tissues do not have any sign of cancer growth either. If they got all the tumor and there is no evidence of cancer in the surrounding tissues then he has a 75% cure rate. He definantly will need radiation and chemo treatments. The oncologist will map out a shedule for when Little Buddy will come to the hospital to get his treatments. Normally they like to wait until the patient is more alert before starting treatment. But because the tumor is a grade 4 they will probably start treatment as soon as his brain shunt comes out which may be next week sometime. Little Buddy is still quite unresponsive but we know that he can hear us because occasionally he will open his eyes and look around when someone is talking to him. The surgeon believes that his body is diverting all it energery to healing the brain right now and that is why he is so unresponsive. He is still watched very closely by the nursing staff in NTU and we are still praying for him.

5 comments:

  1. We are praying and hoping and fasting, too. Much love! Marianne and all the Pauls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana and family, thank you for sharing this experience with all of us. We know it is very sacred and I am grateful for the chance to serve in any way that I am able, as I am sure so many are. I have just always loved watching you and your precious family in church. You and your family have always had a awe inspiring affect on me. You are just all so amazing. I love you. You know, I have been thinking, I just don't think it was coincidence that Bishop Michaelis called Jerry up out of the congregation a couple of weeks ago to share his testimony. Jerry, and you too, has such a strong testimony of our Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ. I was so amazed when your daughter spoke in church a few months ago. I as really taken back by the spirit and testimony of one so young! I heard a few others express the same thing. You are amazing! Love Marsha H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blanco family, Brian and I have been praying for your family and Little Buddy since news of what happened Sunday night. We'll keep praying and please let us know if there is absolutely anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that your sister set up this blog. We have fasted twice this week and have prayed for all of you every prayer that is uttered in our home. I put your name in the temple. We love you and see the power of faith working miracles in your behalf. Thank you for sharing this difficult road you have had to endure with us. Love Belinda Craft

    ReplyDelete